Monday, October 5, 2009

How many dogs do you have to have before you become the ‘Crazy Dog’ family in the neighborhood?

Angels_pups_3_5_weeks_&_Angels_26_days_012

Last night my wife announces to me that one of the 14 puppies (2 litters of 7) named Alice is off the selling list.  I’m thinking… Great, one less dog and the money for her should be good.  That is until I ask where she is going.  The answer I get back is, “She’s off the list.  What don’t you understand?”  And so it seems the conspiracy to keep one of the puppies is coming to a focal point. I am convinced that my daughters and my wife were plotting this way before any dog became pregnant.  If this continues to the end, we will have 5 (FIVE) (Cinco) (Fünf) (Cinq) (Vijf) dogs in our much smaller house.  Why that’s a dog per person living in the house right now.  And as cute as she is, she will very soon become a large pooping machine with a penchant for destroying anything that I have purchased and own.  Don’t get me wrong.  I love dogs.  Especially these kind of dogs.  Large enough to protect the house and family, and so I don’t have to bend over to pet them.  But the square yardage in our backyard devoted to dog crap is about 1 square foot per poop.  So with some math we get 3 poops a day times 5 dogs is 105 square feet of yard pooped in per week.  Lets assume that it takes 4 weeks for said poop to decompose (because there is no way my kids would pick up any poop in the backyard).  That means a total grass area of 420 square feet.   I don’t have 420 square  feet of grass in my backyard.  This is what I picture my house and yard to look like next year.  I’ll keep you posted.

mudslide_1448663i

No comments:

Post a Comment